On 17 March 2017, Loyalist Area Scouts Canada was formally invited to be a Community Partner with the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program.
Applications for individual youth subsidies
Before you start, we ask that you first be able to answer “Yes” to the following questions:
• Is the child on whose behalf you are applying between the ages of 4-18?
• Is your family in a demographic which would be considered in financial need (as defined by Government guidelines)? Click here to check if you meet the financial need criteria.
If you can answer “Yes” to all 3 questions, then you will need to provide the following information as part of the application process. Be sure to have them handy once you click on the Start Application button:
• Your contact information (name, postal code, telephone number and email address).
• The first name, last name, gender and date of birth of your child.
• The details of the sport or physical activity in which your child would like to participate: weekly meetings and occasional weekends – seeking to develop the child in all aspects of their character, using the outdoors as the program focus.
• The amount that you are requesting from Jumpstart: registration fees are normally around $200, and uniform/program guide cost about $40 extra.
• The name of the non-profit/charitable/service organization (Payee) running the physical activity program: Scouts Canada – Loyalist Area
Funds or equipment are provided directly to the Payee (Scouts Canada – Loyalist Area) on behalf of the qualifying youth or child.
Proof of financial need. Any one of the following will suffice as proof of financial need—income assessment, prior year T4 statement or three consecutive pay stubs. Instructions will be provided in the application on how to upload a copy of these documents.
Applications for equipment
May be made by listing the requirements and sending them to the Area Commissioner for review and request for subsidy approval to the Jumpstart Program. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details
Applications to Support Community Projects
May be made by detailing the project requirements, impact on the community and sending them to the Area Commissioner for review and request for subsidy approval to the Jumpstart Program. Please email email@example.com for more details.