Leadership Opportunity – 1st Bayridge Group Commissioner, Loyalist Area
We are seeking an energetic individual to lead, support and grow 1st Bayridge Group as Group Commissioner.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Two or more years experience as a Scouter (Leader).
- Over the age of 18 years old.
- Completed Wood Badge 1 for the Canadian Path.
- Committed to undertake further personal development related to their role as Group Commissioner (Wood Badge 1 for Group Commissioner).
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills.
- Modeled positive behaviors appropriate to Scouting.
- Registered as a member of Scouts Canada.
- Accept, and demonstrate personal values compatible with, Scouting’s Mission and Principles.
- Subscribe to the program goals of all Scouting programs.
- Be comfortable with, enjoy, and care about youth and young adults in developmentally appropriate ways.
- Be accountable for his/her actions.
- Follow Scouting’s policies and procedures.
- Accept Scout’s Canada’s Code of Conduct
- Acquire the knowledge and skills appropriate to his/her volunteer role in Scouts Canada.
- Work co-operatively with other adults.
- Be open and honest.
- Be objective in evaluations.
- Provide a role model of appropriate adult behaviour.
- Wear the official Scouter uniform.
- Participate in, and support, Scouts Canada volunteer screening measures.
Even if you do not possess the “ideal” qualifications, but are interested in the position you are encouraged to apply. Applicants from 1st Bayridge Group will be given greater consideration, however any Scouter (or parent) within Loyalist Area may apply.
Please send your nomination (or someone you would consider nominating) to Geoff Priems by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations will close on 22 December 2017.
For more information please see the Group Commissioner Position Description